Some years ago, God gave Pastor Albert Johnson a vision for a holistic church ministry. He had attempted to lead a church founded in the post-civil war years to transitioning to this vision. It was apparent that it was not possible in this context. He began to pray and seek the Lord’s guidance as to what he was to do, realizing that God's vision had become increasingly compelling for him to pursue. Pastor Johnson was led to resign the pastorate and to wait for God’s instruction. After months of prayer and consecration, it became clear that he was to pursue God’s vision by planting a new multi-cultural/multi-ethnic congregation.
The name, New Genesis Church, by definition, means new beginning Body of Christ. The name conveys a message that everyone, regardless of their past or present situation, can make a qualitatively fresh beginning in Jesus Christ. The scriptural basis for the name comes from Isaiah 43:18-19; II Corinthians 5:17
OUR COMMISSION & COMMITMENT
New Genesis Church is obedient to the Great Commission in Matthew 28:18-20, and the Great Commandment in John 13:34-35. We are committed to the biblical principles of discipleship found in Ephesians 4:11-16 and II Timothy 2:1-2. We are committed to fervent effectual prayer and the Bible as our guide and rule for church government.
- We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is the record of God's revelation of Himself to man.
- We believe that there is only one true and living God without division of nature, essence, or being but who reveals Himself to us in three distinct Persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God the Father is Father in truth to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who was made provision for the redemption of mankind from sin, and will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who exalts Christ, convicts of sin, righteousness and judgment.
- We believe salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer.
- We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers of the Lord Jesus Christ who are associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel, observing the two ordinances of Christ, committed to His teachings, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth.
- We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an obedient act symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus.
- The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, remember the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
(Who we are & Why we exist)
New Genesis Church is a fellowship of believers, committed to reaching people and transforming lives by sharing the Good News Of Jesus Christ.
(Where we are going and who we are becoming)
We envision a dynamically empowered diverse community of believers, cooperatively serving and demonstrating the love, life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES
Loving our neighbor as ourselves. We recognize the eternal value of every individual. God works through people, and each person is unique and vital to God’s plan. We commit ourselves to love and care for each other with sensitivity and humility within our fellowship and within the community in which we live and serve.
Encouraging in heart and uniting in love
While serving the Lord, we sometimes experience trouble and grief. We strive to encourage everyone to look beyond the trials and tribulations in life and look to fully experience His power, love, and deliverance.
Worship the Lord in the splendor of Holiness
We believe that praise and worship is the most vital function of the church. We believe worship that transforms is the response of believers to the presence, holiness, and revelation of Almighty God. We know that when we truly worship, we have a genuine encounter with God. We believe that through worship we receive power, guidance, and spiritual strength.
Godly servant leadership
We believe that God divinely calls and sends Godly servant-leaders to lead God’s people. We believe in following anointed Holy Spirit-filled and gifted leaders as they follow Jesus Christ.
Exalt the Lord our God
We believe that a strong abiding relationship with Jesus Christ is the key to staying connected to God. Through the Word of God, prayer, personal worship, and obedience we can love and exalt the Lord our God with heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Nurturing people and families
We believe that God works through people, and each person is unique and vital to God’s plan. People make up families, and the church is styled as a family. Therefore, we believe that nurturing and building strong relationships in the church family and the network of families in the church is important.
Excellence honors and inspires people
We believe that the God our salvation deserves the best we have to offer. The Lord Himself is a God of excellence as shown by the beauty of creation; further, He gave the best that He had, His only Son, for us (Rom 8:2). Paul exhorts servants, in whatever they do, to “work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men” (Col. 3:23).
Sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ
We are committed to bringing the gospel to the lost by all available means. We are committed to making disciples by seeking the lost, establishing believers, and equipping workers: An ongoing balance of winning, building, and equipping priorities, ministries and relationships.
Integrity as a way of life
We strive to develop Christian character and a Christ-like manner in all that we do, living and working above reproach.
Scripture as our guide for living
We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired Word, the authoritative and trustworthy rule of faith and practice for Christians. The Bible is timeless and timely, relevant to the common needs of all people, and every age, at all times and to the specific challenges of contemporary living. Therefore, we are committed to equipping Christians through the teaching of God’s Word to follow Christ in every sphere of life.
Allow us to introduce you to something significant happening in Cobb County.
You are new to New Genesis or thinking about coming to visit us and are curious to know what happens on a typical Sunday. So what can you expect?
Balance & Blend
New Genesis' worship services are a blend of casual and formal, contemporary and traditional. We have people young and old, singles and families, and newcomers who have discovered New Genesis is their place to believe, to belong and to grow.
A Typical Service
Included in the service is a time of praise and worship through song, prayer, welcome and greeting each other, and giving as we prepare our hearts for the teaching time. After each service there is an opportunity for individuals to speak with our pastor or church leaders or to pray or ask questions.
What do We have for children?
At New Genesis Church your children are very important to us. For that reason we are continually developing a special morning program for children ages preschool through 6th grade.
What Should I wear?
We know you may be worried about wearing the right thing when you come to church; we invite you to come as you are. Whether you are more comfortable dressing casual, or dressy, you'll fit right in at New Genesis.